1.2. Privacy Officer
In order to ensure that we meet and maintain our Privacy standards, we have appointed a privacy officer. Should you wish to contact us in relation to Privacy, please email us at webmaster@DreamcoatPhotography.com.
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers' level of compliance with our code.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
Dreamcoat Photography collects different information about you at different times. There are 4 broad categories of information that we collect from you:
2.1. Information we require to supply our services.
When you first sign up or contract with Dreamcoat Photography for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email details of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also ask for your age and gender.
We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
2.2. Non personally identifying information.
In addition to the information you specifically provide above, Dreamcoat Photography operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software. The software records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
2.3. Other demographic information.
If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Dreamcoat Photography’s products and services.
2.4. Personal information stored on a web site hosted by Dreamcoat Photography.
Dreamcoat Photography will have personal information stored on our servers due to the fact that we host web sites of other organisations. Any information that is submitted to or collected by these organisations will be physically located on a Dreamcoat Photography server. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by Dreamcoat Photography in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law.
3. How Do We Use Personal Information We Have Collected?
3.1. We collect and use your personal information
To operate our web site and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: technical support, billing and credit control, sales support, product upgrades and information.
3.2. When you contract with Dreamcoat Photography
For our services or make enquiries of our services, you will be requested to provide your consent to us to send promotional material to you. If you consent to receipt of promotional material, we will use your personal information to provide you with promotional material. You may stop the delivery or "opt out" of future promotional email from Dreamcoat Photography by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
3.3. We may use your personal information to:
Contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
· identify the source of new customers to Dreamcoat Photography;
· monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
· in the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
· in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
· in the case of our partners who are IT professionals, to ascertain your areas of specialty and to refer prospective customers to you; if you have attended our partner roadshows, we may have a record of your attendance and areas of special interest;
· maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and to re-establish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within 6 months after having terminated your account;
· monitor your compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy and other terms and conditions of supply;
· comply with our reporting and other obligations to third party licensors (such as reporting to software suppliers the number and identity of software licenses we have issued as part of our products).
3.4. We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential.
Dreamcoat Photography does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Dreamcoat Photography including of spam filter operators) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
3.5. We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
· if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
· to protect and defend the rights or property of Dreamcoat Photography;
· if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
· to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
· if we sell our business or part of it; and
· in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Dreamcoat Photography's services, its web site, our staff or the public.
Dreamcoat Photography has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff that need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
4.2. Credit cards
If you do not wish to provide your credit card details over the Internet when joining or paying Dreamcoat Photography you can contact us to provide that information another way.
5. Other Disclosure By You
5.1. Personal Information
You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
If you collect personal information which you keep on servers provided by Dreamcoat Photography as part of our service to you (including email), you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.
6. Use of images for promotional purposes
6.1. Copyright, use and consideration
If we collect or create images of you we retain full copyright in those images unless otherwise relinquished in writing. We retain the right to use those images for marketing a promotional purposes in any way we see fit with no requirement for your approval or for any consideration to you.
6.2. Competitions and other submitted images
If you send us photos, you have done so in full acknowledgement and acceptance that:
· The photos may be published via Dreamcoat Photography’s communication mechanisms, including but not limited to its; website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
· Dreamcoat Photography will do all in its power to ensure the appropriate use of the photos, however cannot take responsibility for any use of the images from outside sources.
7. How To Access & Correct Your Personal Information
From time to time you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment. In order to amend any of your personal information, you will be required to give your user name and password.
If you contact us via telephone, you will need to answer a few security questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.
8. Children's Privacy
Dreamcoat Photography does not knowingly collect, use or market any information to children without seeking parental or a guardian's consent. We also urge you to familiarise yourself with your legal responsibilities with regard to children and the Internet, which can be found in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer on privacyofficer@DreamcoatPhotography.com. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.